Emmy, this sounds like a 'standard of practice' plan for the next few weeks. I would suggest you read up on Gleason scores, risk levels, grading, etc. As well as standard treatment protocols for the different risk levels.
It's entirely likely that your visit on the 17th will include not only a discussion of his scores-the pathology report-but the beginnings of a treatment plan. I would strongly suggest that you take a notebook and a pen, and take detailed notes. You're dealing with a Urologist--who almost by definition is a surgeon--and, it's possible that regardless of gleason score or staging that he will want to do a surgical treatment. As a first question, be ready to ask for referrals to local Radiation Oncologists who specialize in prostate, and delay any decision until they have been consulted as well.
The good news, really, is that with PC--even if he turns out to be very high risk--you do have time to do these visits, make the consultations, and develop a good treatment plan. It's not like other cancers that need immediate surgery the day after diagnosis. It just isn't.
Age at Diagnosis: 56
RALP on 2/17/15, BJC St. Louis, Dr. Figenshau
58.5g, G3+4, 20%, 4 quadrants involved
PSA 3/10/15: 0.10
My Story: www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=35&m=3300024