The surgery was originally going to be scheduled for Oct 31 which in my twisted head would have been awesome but my Uro had a conflict.
I'm still coming to terms with the decision but even both ROs I spoke to said given my age and circumstances if it were them, they would go with surgery saving any radiation if anything re-appears.
Now we wait.........
Wise decision saving RT as a backup plan. Many of us here went that route.
BTW I had an MRI on Halloween last year... Oct 31st. It's been an easy date to remember. I had completed ART just a few weeks earlier, and it was looking like I had another cancer already. It wasn't... at least, not yet.
Ah, the waiting game... I know it well. Wait for tests, wait for results, wait for appointments, wait for procedures... wait, wait, wait...
Coincidentally, today (or maybe it was yesterday, or possibly the 31st) is the two year anniversary of my RP. It was the most pleasurable, least complicated of all my medical experiences. Everything went like clockwork. Had a nice private room with a beautiful panoramic view.
I hope your surgery goes well. Good luck!
2014-15: PSA's 9, 12, 20, 25, Neg DRE's, false neg TRUS biopsy
6/16: MRI Fusion biopsy, 6+ Right Base, 2x40%, 2x100% G8(4+4)
8/16: DaVinci RP, 3 foci EPE, PNI, 11 LN-, 53g gland 25% Gr4, BL SVI, pT3b
1/17: started 18 months Lupron, PSA's ~.03
5/17: AMS800 AUS implanted, revised 6/17
8/17-10/17: RapidArc IMRT 39 tx (70 Gy), 4/18 Dx Radiation Colitis
1/18, 4/18, 7/18: PSA's 0.0, T=9