I have had bad experiences with catheters. Once after kidney stone surgery years ago, they couldn't get it out. They had to jam it back in. I guess my prostate was holding it in tight. Then, a year and a half ago, I was pissing blood clots after hernia surgery. I am assuming the prostate caused this as well. Both times were not fun. So this time I am thinking that with the prostate out of the way it won't be quite as bad.
Urologists tend to use large (tight fitting) catheters where I am for prostatectomies (there's a reason but I've forgotten). Maybe they'll use a slightly smaller one for you if you mention your past problem ?jasperx10,
just following your journey. With 2 PSM (at G6) and a slow but rising post ralp psa - you are at 0.03. What are you planning on doing. What does your doc suggest. Prato took action with a similar history as yours (not exactly same but with some similarities)
ddys, sorry for the late reply - just saw your post.
My doc has suggested when psa gets to 0.5-0.1 to start adjuv therapy. I should've asked exactly what this meant - I'm still not sure what adjuv therapy is - radiation + Ht ?? but I was stressed at the time and decided to defer all decisions until next visit in Jan-Feb so I'd have a better idea of what my psa rate of increase is.
To be honest, doing nothing hasn't been rejected. I had a lot of pain in the last year - surgery/catheter/stricture/urethroplasty (with partial circumcision). Don't want to moan -but I am
but I'm in fear what side-effects and pain I'll get with adjuv treatment. I would prefer 5-7 years little pain versus 10+ with pain. xmas eve last year I had to go to emergency because of pain - couldn't move as catheter in me after surgery was wrecking me. Got a stricture as a result. Pain and months later a manual dilation in hospital with no local was excruciatingly painful. Later, self-dilation etc,then penile surgery to repair. That had complications - acute granulation - more pain. It's better now after more treatment but still sore.
All this history is kind of guiding my decision. If my psa remains the same or a modest increase, I'll probably do nothing. If it doubles a hard decision. I *should* do something, but don't know.
2017 (age 59): PSA 4.4, family history.MRI->lesions indicated.
Biopsy:carcinoma several cores, Gleason 3+4
open prostatectomy -> hist. report: pT2c, 2 pos margins. Gleason revised down to 3+3.
Navic. fossa stricture likely from catheter-> dilations ->urethroplasty op. 2018
PSA: Post surgery-Present: 0.01,0.012,0.025,0.03
Post Edited (jasperx10) : 12/21/2018 5:30:55 PM (GMT-7)