Another option - contact Foundation One and "negotiate" an out of pocket cost for the test. I don't believe that my insurance will cover it, so I contacted FO before moving forward with the test. If there were a significant chance that the test would disclose something actionable, then I wouldn't worry about
the cost. But the reality is that it's unlikely (but not impossible) to be of any value so cost is indeed a factor in the decision to proceed. Bottom line - the $5,800 will be submitted to my insurance co., but regardless of their coverage my liability will be limited to a maximum of $300. BTW, the tissue was submitted about
3 weeks ago so I'm hoping to hear something soon.
D.O.B 4/28/57 Age: 61
PSA 1/15: 2.4, 1/16: 5.4, 3/16: 5.5
Local uro DRE revealed no enlargement and no lumps.
Biopsy DXd adenocarcinoma in 10/14 cores (many>80%).
Gleason 4+3=7. Perineural invasion noted.
CT abdomen, bone scan negative.
DaVinci prostatectomy 6/23/16 at Florida Hospital
Surgeon - Dr. Vipul Patel
Final pathology upgraded Gleason to 4+5=9 w/extraprostatic extension
Stage pT3a N0 M not known
Decipher score = 0.82 "Genomic High Risk"
4 lymph nodes, and seminal vesicles all negative.
Adjuvant radiation IGRT (40 treatments- 72 gray) fall of ‘16
1 year of ADT (Eligard) beginning fall of ‘16
PSA results: quarterly from 6/16 to 6/18 all <0.1
Latest PSA 9/18: 0.4
Post Edited (Shueswim) : 12/5/2018 11:28:17 AM (GMT-7)