Thanks for the responses, good stuff.
halbert - That is the million dollar question, to delay or not. I swear I read something about
the odds being a little better with early radiation treatment and G9 after RP, might have been an older tall allen reference I came across. Having trouble finding it again so if anyone has a title or link, I would appreciate it.
island time - Thanks, took your advice and called. As expected with experts, Epstein was not in but I talked with Andres who was the name below his on my report. Great discussion about
everything on the two pathology reports! He said the comments are that it was very close and they can't tell exactly what happened and will never know. He said the PSM was very small and might be meaningless from a treatment standpoint. I had located another paper by Epstein a while back which discusses margins that are "too close to call" which he also described as being a good thing. The PSA at the margin was 4-5 so that is not so good.
Pratoman - Thanks for the tip, probably counts keystrokes vs pasting. I will have to try it when I have info to update next. I read some your story also, fun reading for those who have had the surgery.
Ed C - You seem to be one of the lucky ones, must have been living right
. I do expect that radiation will be recommended. The question is do we wait for another PSA or get right on it. I am 3.5 mos post-op so not sure when they consider one healed enough for other treatments.
RobLee - The odds are important to me unless someone can tell me with confidence that the side effects will be minimal. Since I am retired, I don't have a problem with time for treatments but last thing I want is more issues. I am doing pretty good now after the surgery and could live this way for the next 20 years.
The problem with this stuff if I read the signatures correctly, is that Ed C and Island seem to be doing well after their surgery and Pratoman seemed to have good results also but PSA started to creep a couple of years alter. Not sure how you predict this stuff or really determine meaningful odds.
Well, my urologist meeting is tomorrow at 8:10am and we shall see what happens. Thanks again.
66yo at DX, PSA 4.1->5.1, 7/18
MRI Guided Biopsy, 8/18 - 4+3 & 3+4
CAT and Bone Scan clear 9/18
RALP 11/6/18 @ St. Johns, MN
Pathology G7 (4+3) 5% Tertiary Grade 5, pT3a pN0 Grade 3
Pos. Margin (SM+), EPE, L=0.1mm?
1/19 Epstein-G9 (4+5) Grade 5
Difficult to distinguish EPE vs intraprostatic incision,3mm
pT2x:Organ confined elsewhere, unevaluable at pos marg
All other pathology negative