I am a Gleason 8 going through 39 treatments of SRT (6 more sessions to go), Also on 6-month course of ADT which may be extended -- not sure at this point. Side effects from both have been almost non-existent......
You have lots of good news, Paul. Please consider:
1. You will die someday, but very probably not from PCa.
2. Your SRT is almost over, and your side effects have been minimal.
3. You were downgraded from G9 to G8.
4. Your RO is a straight shooter.
5. ADT is almost over. IMO, 6 months is MORE than enough, RO over-treatment! Do some in-depth research.
6. Over a lifetime, SRT is successful in well over 50% of cases. Unfounded worry reduces that %.
7. Mindfulness, prayer, and a good social worker are all excellent help.
8. As Andrew said, you can beat the disease, anxiety will not help, and it's ALWAYS a waiting game (just like life)
The majority of those in your situation do fine, and never come to a forum like this, which is populated by a disproportionate number of brothers who unfortunately have either encountered follow-on conditions, or obsess about
them. They (we) are NOT a representative sample.
Relax, you'll do fine!
Post Edited (garyi) : 3/9/2019 2:54:06 PM (GMT-7)