mattam / george, slightly off topic but much appreciated - if I can postpone treatment I would prefer to.
It sounds like general consensus here is Casodex monotherapy has less SE than Lupron - and of course no treatment has fewest SE
I am in no hurry to start treatment. I was entertaining a trial that used Casodex along with Metformin - I had decided against that based on my initial surgical oncologist's frowning on Casodex - but perhaps I will pursue.
I am about
30 pounds over where I would like to be - my present resolution is to lose the weight first and then go on treatment - good to hear that some can lose weight even while on Lupron.
My "team" so far has been a surgical uro oncologist, who has been treating me for the last several years (I really like him), an RO that did my SRT (who last I saw him said he was not value-added at this point and don't come back) and the new guy - a medical oncologist who offered either Casodex or Lupron (and sent me to genetic counseling - testing for various genetic markers). General consensus is to start treatment, but that is my decision
Thanks for the advice, all.
G3+4;PSA 9.8,RRP,3/2008(Age 48)
pT2c, 60g, neg margins; PNI & lymphatic invasion
3 LN removed,clear; SV clear
G4 5-10%; PSA <0.1 until Oct 09; scans clear
PSA rose through 2010 to .41
IGRT SRT 66Gy started 8/4/2010
PSA dropped to .05 until end 2013, rising since 2014, PSADT 9 months, latest PSA Aug2019: 1.98, Axumin scan neg 2/19, Ga PSMA scan neg 8/19