Posted 4/15/2021 11:22 AM (GMT -6)
Hello, AusTex ~~~
Yes, I "benched" one new doctor, whose manner didn't suit me --- he was dismissive in his approach, and didn't seem to be a good listener.
He didn't embrace the sense of teamwork that would be required to collaborate with my existing team.
I saw him three times, giving him a fair chance, and then changed oncologists.
So --- I understand what you are describing.
That aside --- your dad is needing to benefit from this doctor's expertise right now --- so "hang on" and value that expertise, above all else.
In answer to your post, having pursued chemotherapy, radiation, and currently being on ZYTIGA and ADT shots, here's some questions that I would list in a notebook, and bring along to the consultation, in regard to your dad's case:
1. How much longer should we continue to stay on ZYTIGA, now that PSA levels have risen this past month?
2. Is transferring to XTANDI, another form of medication, a viable option, going forward?
3. What do my latest scans and tests seem to indicate, as far as "trouble spots"?
4. Are there radiation treatments that can help my situation?
5. My PSA is rising lately --- are there specially blended chemotherapy infusions that could help me?
6. I feel an aggressive plan is needed, with my PSA rising lately --- are there any COMBINATION treatment approaches that are possible?
7. What is the consensus of the TEAM at M.D. Anderson, for my treatment plan, going forward?
These are some questions that might help you --- to help you form a list of questions that are uppermost in your mind.
Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts, and hope that the consultation is helpful and insightful!
Sent with my best, from here in the Midwest ~~~
CYCLONE ~ # Iowa State University