...got another within 4 days of the first. Both the same. .097...I lost my son in law in a car accident and daughter severely injured, and this was kind of put on the back burner with 7+ years of negative results. My last ultra sensitive test was July 2018 and it was undetectable at below .006.
Yes, those two readings are enough to justify locating a good RO and having an initial visit to talk things over. BUT
, here's the thing: I had my surgery a year after yours and have been monitoring this board and another very regularly, reading most posts that pertain to cases like yours and mine, i.e., pretty good path with reasonably long recurrence times, and I do not remember very many cases where a guy's uPSA went practically zero for seven years then jumped to about
.1 in just about
Besides recurrence, there are some other things that might be going on. First might be a faulty lab or machine. Did you get the two readings at the same lab? Did you by chance ingest any vitamin B7 (biotin) that is known to jack with the test substrate, making it look like a rising uPSA though it's a false reading? Many multi vit pills have it -- look at the label.
Also, on the other board I visit, there have been posts about
the effect of stress on PCa and, by extension, uPSA tests. Do you mind me asking when the accident occurred and how your daughter is faring (very well, I hope)? Would you say your stress level will be coming down a bit over the next month or two? Reason I ask is I have been monitoring my rising uPSA closely for about
the two years since it became uPSA detectable. It has not moved up that much in two years but instead is gyrating some around a very gently rising trend line. I am trying to correlate with A1C levels, OTC use, stress levels, etc., but cannot figure it out and no one can provide advice. Docs say I'm very likely to die of something else. But you are much younger, of course.
If in your situation, there is no way I would allow them, right now, to strap me to a table and radiate me and perhaps shoot me up with ADT, both possibly permanently life altering. I would go to LabCorp myself and get two more uPSA tests, one about
three weeks from now, and another three weeks after and let that guide me. Sure, let your doc(s) do another at their lab, too, if you/they want, but what I'm getting at here is "trust, but verify...".
We have seen cases on this board where uPSAs stabilized or even went down--no explanation really, cause nobody knows what's going on in these cases. The nuclear scans are not much help in this range. Benign leftover prostate tissue can shrink and grow, but no way to tell for sure on that either. One of Dr. Myers' videos says that even the best surgeons can leave some benign tissue left in spots when the prostate is ripped out.
Bottom line, you seem to have enough time to make a considered decision based on more facts. A month or two more delay will probably not hurt you. But, yes, start getting RO contacts lined up and be prepared to move on that if you see a verified trend line moving up. It's just hard to believe with your path: no margins, organ confined, only 7% involvement, and uPSA below .006 for seven years? Really??? I really hope for you that this is not recurrence but rather something else.