Albertaman - First things first, you will be making all your life's decision based on one G7(4+3) core as the 3+3 cores do not cause problems for the most part and are not cause for immediate action. I would strongly suggest you obtain a second opinion on the biopsy pathology before doing anything serious. Most of us would recommend Dr. Epstein's group at Johns Hopkins for an expert review to be sure what you have before acting on anything.
The cost is less than US$300 so not a big cost if your healthcare (Canadian Health Care I assume) does not cover. You have to get the people with your slides to ship them to Baltimore which is all covered in the link. Once you get past that point, you can start focusing on the appropriate solution for your particular situation.
...and welcome to the club.
Hey there Alberta, and welcome,and I say what Mumbo says! If after a 2nd opinion on slides, AS is considered a reasonable choice, then all I can say is that AS is the only "treatment" (i.e. NO treatment) that has no treatment related side effects(SE). As a guy that definitely had treatment related SEs, I think that is a huge advantage, assuming it can be safely done. I would give almost anything if I could go back and have a reasonably safe choice of AS. I could not, but perhaps you can? Certainly worth considering.
Main thing is: don't rush. With my G9 and rapidly rising PSA, I admit I felt a bit of a rush to DO SOMETHING. And for sure my need to hurry was greater than yours, and I also really did not have much ability to do nothing, had to pick something. But you are probably not in that situation. So take your time, get the 2nd opinion on he slides. And study all treatment options ( don't just ask a surgeon, but research it yourself) as to the success rate of various treatments vs the side effects. You will most likely end up cured by whatever treatment you decide on. But, you will then have to live with whatever SEs you end up with, most likely forever. And if your risk of dying of PC before something else gets you, IOW if your risk level is low enough ( say for example if you end up on review with all G6s, even strongly consider if you want any treatment at all. Don't get me wrong, if you actually need treatment, then get it, whichever one you choose. But if all of the tests put you in the lowest risk category, then your chance of dying from PC, rather than something else someday, is extremely low. So if that turns out to be the case, strongly consider whether or not you want to risk some really unpleasant SEs. Good luck, Bro!