Posted 7/17/2020 8:43 PM (GMT -6)
ModelT, welcome the the forum.
3 years after surgery, when my rising PSA hit .08, I decided to pull the trigger on SRT and my dilemma was the same as yours, do I do ADT as well. My RO, a highly respected RO, internationally known, at MSKCC, told me that he recommends 6/months ADT but if I chose to refuse it, he could live with that as long as my PSA does not rise above .1 before I start treatment.
I asked him if He could quantify the increase in a chance for a cure that would result from my agreeing to it, and he said my chance for a cure would rise by about 10%. Obviously very subjective, but based on his experience and knowledge. I chose to do it. It wasn’t fun, but it was manageable.
My pathology was similar to yours. But my PSA was undetectable for 2 years after surgery, and. Had negative final margin, but a positive margin on frozen section intraoperatively.
Everyone is different, and this is a very personal decision. As JNF said, this may be your last chance for a cure, so consider that in making your decision.
I also agree that 2 years of ADT in your decision is overkill.