I had a similar experience in which the RO recommended that I have surgery. I am 12 weeks our from my RALP today, and my leaking has really tapered off in the past week. One thing that helped me was to lie on my back, with my knees bent, put two fingers on my abdomen just inside the pelvis, to feel the ropey muscle there (not sure of the name), and to ensure that it flexed when I kegeled. Apparently it fires along with the sphincter muscle. With my PT’s help, we found that starting a kegel, then sucking my belly button inward, would allow me to find the right muscle. We also used ultrasound one day, to look at it when I flexed, so I could find the right one. Although I have numerous exercises from the PT, I find that focusing on the kegel regardless of what I do (sit-ups, planks, squats, lunges, running, etc) really helps tune up the right muscle.
Glad you're 12 weeks past this! I've been doing the exercises as directed but have not seen a PT.
Since you've made a treatment decision, I don't see any point in sending your slides to Epstein. (I couldn't tell if you were still asking if you should do that.) Following your surgery, you'll get a pathology reports that's better than any biopsy.
I was on the fence about
getting a third opinion. At this point, I think I will pass on it. Thanks for this info.
So hope for a downgrade isn't unrealistic dreaming at all.
I'm crossing my fingers!