Hello GreenAcres

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

spinbiscuit
Veteran Member


Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 818
   Posted 9/15/2006 6:14 AM (GMT -7)   
My recovery is pretty much complete. I only have had a few sore days in the last couple of weeks. I guess that's not too bad for 61. Most of my time is now spent getting my 88 year old dad theropy for his sciatica. It has been giving him a fit for the last few months, but it seems to be improving this last week.
 
I hope all is going well for both of you, and that you have a wonderful day today.
 
Glen
 

GreenAcres
Regular Member


Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 474
   Posted 9/15/2006 6:42 AM (GMT -7)   
Hi, Glen. Thanks for checking on us. Sounds like you're doing so much better - just think, age 61 and three major sugeries this year! This otta teach those "yung-uns" a thing or two, huh? Are you wrangling your dad's wheelchair or behaving?

While we face a hernia ordeal, we may be leaning toward laparoscopic just for the ease of it, compared. While the odds of failure are higher, well...there's that other side.

We're seeing some heavier leakage here and there, which is kind of depressing, after staying with the "minors" since catheter came out. And, the PSA test looms over us with the fact that those little cancer cells managed to make their escape according to the pathology report. The odds have not been in our favor with any of this to date, except for the clear scans. Husband is fearful we were dealt the hand of the "fast-growing" PC and has had some tough times dealing with the "what ifs?" I'm trying to focus on the upbeat of the "what if everything's OK for now?" He envisions those few tiny cells turning into monsters and that in three weeks, it'll be too late to do anything or at the very least dealing with radiation. We were so upbeat and sure that the gland was contained based on the original biopsy that it sort of blindsided us.

With all that said, we're not having any breakdowns - yet - and are pretty tough/upbeat emotionally and we work through it together - every day. Not to sound depressing - it's just the facts of dealing with our cancer and not knowing the next step. (I look at the 80% odds of it not showing/husb. looks at the 20% and calls it 100% if he is in that category.)

And, today's my birthday, so I will treat myself to my own version of comfort food - homemade macaroni and cheese. (However, your favorite - ice cream - could run a very close second!)

Wicket
Regular Member


Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 316
   Posted 9/15/2006 7:27 AM (GMT -7)   
GreenAcres,
3 weeks huh?  I'll be thinking of you and praying that his PSA is down to nothing!!  yeah
Thanks for thinking of us and telling us about that cat scan because we had no idea why it wasn't ordered.
Ellen
 
 
Curtis, 63,  was diagnosed Aug 21, 2006
T1C
Gleason 3+3=6, 3+4=7
PSA 4.10


Jim-N1BRP
Regular Member


Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 165
   Posted 9/15/2006 3:52 PM (GMT -7)   
GreenAcres,

Wishing you and yours all the best and for a zero PSA also.

Jim

bluebird
Veteran Member


Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 2542
   Posted 9/15/2006 5:41 PM (GMT -7)   
GreenAcres,

Happy Birthday new friend...

Lee :)
mama bluebird
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~
Buddy 53 RRP April 3, 2006 PSA 4.6 Gleason 3+3=6 T2a Confined to Prostate
June 29th PSA Less than 0.1 Non-detectable 


bluebird
Veteran Member


Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 2542
   Posted 9/15/2006 6:12 PM (GMT -7)   

GreenAcres & Spinbiscuit,

Thank you for continuing to share your journey… with all of us!

Having had to deal with a lot of extra issues that many of us have not had to deal with…has truly made “Buddy & Me” appreciate each day even more….

As we “all” continue on the road to recovery we share in a special bond!!!

The journey is not as long when traveled with friends.

We continue to keep you close in thought and prayer…. And I hope you feel our strength that we send out each day to you!

In friendship,  Lee & Buddy


mama bluebird
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~
Buddy 53 RRP April 3, 2006 PSA 4.6 Gleason 3+3=6 T2a Confined to Prostate
June 29th PSA Less than 0.1 Non-detectable 


GreenAcres
Regular Member


Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 474
   Posted 9/16/2006 5:33 AM (GMT -7)   
It certainly is a bond. Thanks to all of you - Spin, Wicket, Jim, MamaB - Here is where we started our own "journey" (when I first started researching) and we continue to learn many things! And here we'll be as "assistants" to all of you who are leading to help the new ones coming in. And, in between, continue to reach out for support.

M. Kat
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 715
   Posted 9/16/2006 6:02 AM (GMT -7)   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREEN ACRES!!!!

spinbiscuit
Veteran Member


Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 818
   Posted 9/16/2006 6:18 AM (GMT -7)   
Hi again GreenAcres,

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday yesterday. How was the Mac & Cheese? As a kid I always loved having Mac & Cheese with a grilled hot dog, and to this day it's still one of my favorites. Of coarse now I have my own recipe.

I hope you & husb. have a great day today,

Glen

GreenAcres
Regular Member


Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 474
   Posted 9/16/2006 6:22 AM (GMT -7)   
Thanks! Yes, cheese IS my Food Pyramid!!!! And then, of course, there's leftovers!

A great day to all of you, too.

Wicket
Regular Member


Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 316
   Posted 9/16/2006 7:59 AM (GMT -7)   
Ah a person after my own heart....Didn't realize anyone else thought that cheese was their food pyramid!!  Curtis can't eat much of it cause it plugs him up.  Awful hard to find good recipes without cheese...I tell him to just eat more Medamucil wafers!!  LOL

Ellen
 
 
Curtis, 63,  was diagnosed Aug 21, 2006
T1C
Gleason 3+3=6, 3+4=7
PSA 4.10
 
DiVinci surgery scheduled for October 10th

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, December 15, 2017 3:42 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,905,656 posts in 318,879 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 158236 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, rackfinity017.
208 Guest(s), 2 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Kennyan, Dimitri71