Well, you've gotten the official warm Mama Bluebird welcome! You've come to a good place and we're glad you're here.
I post for my husband and I so here goes:
As you can see by our stats, we understand how you feel. I think you're making the right move in getting a second opinion. IF your PSA continues to rise (and this may be something else) you'll be better prepared to decide what avenue to take. Face time with another doctor will be helpful to you, if you don't understand what he's saying to you let him know that. Is someone going with you? That would be helpful.
There's much information here - many of the members have had RP's, some seed implants, IMRT, Proton Therapy and so on. I don't know all the terminologies but I do know all are helpful and caring.
I guess I simply wanted to let you know we wish you all the best and will be looking for you here.
Husband Diagnosed 11/17/05 Age: 63 No Symptoms
PSA: 7.96, Positive DRE
Biopsy Right: 6 of 6 Cores Positive Biopsy Left: 1 of 6 Cores Positive
Gleason: 4+3 = 7 Stage: T2B N0 MX
2/09/06: LRP Restage: T3A NX MX
3 mo. PSA Post Surgery: 11.8, 12.9, 13.9 Bone scan, CT scan, Endorectal MRI, Chest XR - neg.
9/06/06: 6 mo. PSA: 18.8 CT shows lymph node involvement Start HT Lupron 3 mo. shots
12/06/06: PSA 0.8