Welcome Sirius: Sorry to hear about
your cancellation, what a pain in the neck.
I guess if I were you, I'd try to look at it this way -- for some reason GOD, the Universe, or whatever higher power you believe in, did not want you to have surgery on the 17th.
Sounds like you have a top surgeon and it will be worth the wait. And I know from experience that there is a strong chance you will get in sooner than 3 or 4 months from now.
In my case, I expected to wait at 6 to 8 weeks for surgery at City of Hope and then a cancellation came the week after I got on the list. That led me to believe that there are cancellations all the time because of the myriad of treatment options available for PCa. (Guys probably change their minds about
their preferred treatment or perhaps have health-related issues that result in their having to cancel.)
So hope for a cancellation and stay in touch with your surgeon's scheduling person, reminding them that you are anxious to get your procedure done and ready to go when they are.
We all know the waiting is hell. But there is a reason for everything and for whatever reason, your surgery wasn't meant to be on the 17th.
Hang in there. You'll be fine.
54 years old
PSA = First ever was 9.8 in late Oct. ‘06, two weeks later, 10.1
Biopsy results 11/22/06 (6 out of 8 cores positive), both lobes, Gleason 3+3 = 6
Da Vinci Robotic RP surgery, City of Hope, Jan 12, 2007
Post surgery pathology – Organ confined, Gleason still 6, margins clear.
First post-surgery PSA -- Undetectable, 2/20/07
Post Edited (PianoMan) : 3/19/2007 10:43:15 PM (GMT-6)