Hey Eric, Don't worry too quickly. I think I hold the record on here for the worst leaking. I'm 9 months Post RRP and still leak a great deal when standing and walking. I would ask your Dr. to refer you to a physical therapist that works with male incontenance for Bio-Feedback. This way you will know for sure that you are working the entire pelvic floor muscles. After six months of doing what I thought was right I learned that I was not working the pelvic floor muscles at all.
All I can say is don't give up. Give your body time to heal. I know it's hard to read about all the guys that dry up so quickly. But we are all different. Personally I am going to keep up with the Bio-Feedback untill my therapist say's that I ahve done all I can do. If I get to that point I will look into the male sling or artificial sphincter.
For my entire story check out KW's Journey. I will be several pages back on the forum.
PSA 5.7 - Discovered during Annual Physical with Family Practice Dr.
Biopsy - 3 of 12 positive (up to 75%) all on left side of prostate
RRP on Oct. 17, 2006 - Nerves on right side saved.
All Lab's clear. No Cancer outside prostate
Cathiter in for 3 weeks due to complications in healing. Removed Nov. 9, 2006
First Post op PSA on Dec. 11, 2006 Undetectable 0.00
Office visit on Jan. 19th due to continued excessive urine leakage.
Feb.20th Cystoscope and 2nd Post Op PSA. Another 0.00.....:)
Dr. said everything looks fine. Continue to work Kegeal's. Leaking appears to have improved after Cystoscope?!?!?! Down to 3-4 pads per day!
March 1st Leaking has crept back up to 6 - 8 pads a day ???????
March 8th Started Detrol LA to see if it helps with the leaking?
March 29th Collagen injection into sphincter / bladder neck area to control excessive leaking. Worked for a couple of days then back to leaking.
April 17th (Six Months Post Op) 2nd Collagen Injection to control excessive leaking. Leaking started back next day at work!
May 14th Second Opinion about my leaking and Options at OU Medical Center. After reviewing my records the Dr. feels I will probably need some surgical intervention to stop my leaking. But did agree to try Bio-Feedback and work hard on the Kegeal's first!
May 30th Follow up with my Dr. and 3rd Post Op PSA 0.00 agian!!!
June 1st Start Bio-Feedback to try to control my leaking.