Anyone know of an inexpensive way to get access to some of the urological and/or sexual medical health journals that are out there? Once in awhile when I am researching something, I come across an abstract that sounds interesting, but the price for a subscription to one of these publications is either way too expensive or reprints are not available.
Currently I am looking for a copy of the article "Avoidance of Palpable Corporal Fibrosis Due to Priapism with Upregulators of Nitric Oxide", by Dr. Jacob Rajfer, et al, from the Journal of Sexual Medicine 2006; 3: 173-176. I will ask my urologist's office about this one (Rajfer is at UCLA Urology, where I get my care, and though he isn't my urologist, he is seeing me for Peyronie's), but in general this question keeps coming up for me.
Prostate cancer diagnosed: May 15, 2006 (age 40)
Gleason score: pre-surgery 3+3=6; post-surgery 3+4=7
daVinci radical prostatectomy: July 25, 2006
size of tumor: approx 1.1 inches; negative margins from surgery
- number of pads/day at 3 months after surgery: 3 to 5
- number of pads/day at 4 months after surgery: 1 to 2
- number of pads/day at 6-12 months after surgery: 0 to 1
- 1st post-surgery PSA: 0 (Nov 2006); 2nd post-surgery PSA: 0 (Feb 2007)
- 3rd post-surgery PSA: 0 (May 2007); 4th post-surgery PSA: 0 (June 2007)
The search for timber: took Viagra/Cialis approx. every other day, ErecAid once a day, injections. Peyronie's diagnosed 7/5/07. Now on Cialis, L-arginine and pentoxyfylline, ordered to be celibate for 6 weeks.
- PGE1 batting average: .364 (4 for 11)
- Bimix batting average: .200 (2 for 6)
- Trimix batting average: .500 (1 for 2)
"Lost in the valley without my horses, no one can tell me what my remorse is..."