You two are of course in our prayers! I see you are trying to be strong and focus on what you must do to be smart right now. This is good. Cry when you feel like it - but study your options - and be there for each other. You two will make it through this.
If there is even a possibility you are going to use this physician for the surgery, I would go ahead and schedule the surgery for the 2 month wait. This length of time before getting into surgery with a qualified physician is quite common - and you could get invited into a cancellation sooner than that. You can always cancel if "a better offer" comes up. Most such offers (for example, from second opinions) also a waiting list.
The "8 gleeson" and the reality of a waiting list does make moving on to a choice important.
There have been some postings about financial cost. I recall that most surgery patients with insurance spent out-of-pocket between $2,500 and $5,000 U.S.
Of course the complications that come with doing nothing cost ever so much more.
Your friends here are a great sounding board for your fears, concerns, joys, and celebrations.
Keep an optimistic smile on your face whenever you can. It will help both of you.