Thanks, Dutch. Yeah, if you had asked me even a week ago, this would have been the last place I'd ever have expected to be posting. Definitely don't want to be here, but glad that I am, given the circumstances.
I do know that Kaiser is very strict about
using their doctors and there have to be extenuating circumstances for going outside. I think if my husband felt strongly about
it, we'd wait until we moved him over to my plan in January. I'm lucky in that I work for the government and can bring him over to my plan during any
open season at the end of each calendar year. (It would just be a matter of switching from single coverage to family coverage.) We had planned for this year to be the time we did the cutover as his plan gets very expensive once he retires next summer. I can also switch to any one of a large number of insurance plans during
open season. Right now I'm under Blue Cross / Blue Shield, which I like since I have the freedom to choose pretty much any doctor and facility. With an
open season change of any type, any pre-existing conditions (thankfully!).
Post Edited (Michael's Wife) : 8/8/2007 4:29:07 PM (GMT-6)