Thanks very much, Lana. My husband had another pathologist review his slides to confirm the Gleason and will be having another PSA test prior to seeding just to make sure it doesn't look like we're dealing with something that is any more aggressive than originally anticipated. I understand completely about
your husband's choice of surgery, as my husband would do the same if it seemed more aggressive and possibly not contained. (Of course, anything is possible, we just hope for the best with all of this. I guess that's what makes all of this so hard.)
I'm glad to see someone else took a long time, too, to decide. We found out about
the cancer at the beginning of August, and only recently made the firm decision on treatment. I do feel, though, that we've really evaluated all of the alternatives and are knowledgeable about
our choices, so there's a real comfort in that. Now to wait until December when we'll finally be able to fully focus on recovery. Hopefully we'll have a cancer-free Christmas and New Year.
Thanks for saying hi and for the words of support.