Thanks for the great info and bringing a smile to my face War Eagle
. I wish being a good daughter was enough to make the cancer go away.
It's been another very frustrating day.
My parents met with their original urologist in S. Oregon and he seems to think that healing from the surgery and the long term effects of HT warrant putting off treatment for awhile. I could jump off a bridge!!! I agree that my dad needs to heal from surgery and the incontinence is a big thing now, hence, the reason we are waiting until Oct 16th to get his PSA checked....however....cancer doesn't wait for people to feel better and he needs HT regardless of what his PSA is. I'm so frustrated with everyone right now...the doctors...my parents...I know this is part of the process but what a freaking roller coaster ride!!!
I know everyone is scared right now, but I don't know what else I can do besides beat them over the head with the studies. Ultimately, the decision is my dads to make, I just want him to be as informed and equipped to make the best decision possible. (Even if it is not the decision I want him to make...as hard as that may be)My heart is already broken from all of this and now I feel like I am losing my mind. All we can do is wait for the PSA test and go from there I guess.
Sorry for the rant....speaking of hot flashes and hormones...I'm 9 months pregnant..two weeks to go!
DX July 15, 2007
Age 62 (now 63)
Original Gleason 3+4=7
Post Surgery Gleason- 4+3=7
DaVinci Surgery Aug 31, 2007
Positive Right Margin
One positive node
Bone Scan/CT Negative (Sept. 10, 2007)
T3a N1 M0
In process of determining follow up therapy