I noticed several people wanting to chat but not being able to figure how to do it. What follows in a step-by-step detailed instruction on how to access and use the Chat Room.
1. Find and click the Chat button on the upper right of this screen, in the blue bar, just above the Forum Quick Jump function.
2. Clicking this button brings up another screen. On this screen from top to bottom you will go through the stepa to select and log in to the Chat Room.
3. First click the downwards arrow at Step 1- Select a Chat Room. A ladder menu will appear, at the bottom will be the Prostate Cancer link. Click this Prostate Cancer link. This will make the change to the Step 1 line to say Prostate Cancer.
4. At Step 2- Forum User name, type in the bname you registered with, not necessarily the name you are known by on the Forum.
5. One the next line, it asks for the password. This is the password you registered with and use to log-in to the Forum. Type your password there.
6. Now to access the Chat Room click the blue Login button in the Step 3 line.
7. The Chat Room will open with a seperate window. Take a moment to study this screen. At the upper right is the Users Online section. This will show the names of the users who are present in the chat room and available for chat. You can ignore the lower right section, it just shows the chat rooms and number of users in each. Now look at the upper left section. This is where the 'conversations' of the users will appear, along with their user names. On busy times, this section will change quickly so you must keep an eye on the conversation here, as you concentrate on your typing.
8. In the lower left, there is a blue bar with the Message word is the line that you type your conversation on when responding to others in the Chat Room. You can type quite a bit before having to hit the Send button or the Enter key on you keyboard to send you conversation to the Room, which will show in the upper left big section for messages.
9. When you are done, click the X in the upper right of the screen to close out the Chat function and leave the room.
10. A little time spent studying Chat etiquette using a search engine will make use of the room easier and more beneficial for all.
I hope this gives a good enough step-bystep instruction for the newest user to be able to access and benefit from the Chat Room. Pointing out glaring errors in my description will be appreciated.