You have hit the nail on the head. And I personally, would never disagree with anyone's decision as to when to begin HT. And I still think it's up in the air, using protocol, as to when you have to do it. I CHOSE to do it adjuvantly asap, and my oncologist would not opinionate when I should do it. He simply laid it out and made it my decision. But when you have to and if you have to are not as easily debated. My mind is at ease with my decision. I have had multiple opinions, but the decision ultimately was only mine. HT appears to be helping Don enormously and I would guess he would rather tolerate the HT than not have it as an option. I am amoung the few, I guess, who don't think HT is not that bad that I would not trade my life to avoid it? Heck no. I'm not .
I hope you guys had a good weekend so far. I do agree with the multiple opinion approach and respect that this is still Ricks decision. My prayers are always with you kids.
Age 45 (44 when Dx)
Pre-op PSA was 19.8
Surgery on Feb 16, 2007
Post-Op Pathology was poor: Gleason 4+3=7, 4 positive margins, Stage pT3b (Stage III)
HT began in May, '07 with Lupron and Casodex 50mg
IMRT radiation for 38 Treatments ending August 3, '07
My PSA did drop out after surgery to undetectable. It has not returned and I will continue HT until January '08.
My Life is supported very well by family and friends like you all.