Welcome to Margie and Joe! (myflyboy)

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

IdahoSurvivor
Veteran Member


Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1015
   Posted Today 9:33 PM (GMT -7)   
On this post, Margie and Joe said:
myflyboy said...
My husband had 12 of 12 positive, small prostate, Gleason 3plus 5 pre surgery 4 plus 3 after surgery
PSA 6.9 presurgery, 4.9 after surgery in July 07. First Lupron brought PSA to 1.0 after 30 days, second Lupron brought it to <0.1 after 90 days. He has dull pain since the surgery but had a hernia repair and they think it might be the patch.
I am a wreck...tell me there is hope. Today I cannot stop crying !!
Margie and Joe

Hi ~  Margie & Joe…

 

Welcome   to…   ~ HealingWell ~

 

and

 

A   Special   Warm Welcome  to  You !

 

Knowledge gives us POWER….  POWER takes away the fear.

 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

 

Click on the link just below for important information that will help you ~ help us!!

 

Welcome New Members ~ to HealingWell

 

The information (link) listed above is to help you get started on your journey.

It is a journey best traveled with friends.

Welcome ~ New Friend from all the members here... on HealingWell.com

 

v      IdahoSurvivor ~  Moderator for Prostate Cancer Forum

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1160/1313099593_9f819e3ff8.jpg

 

v      bluebird ~  Moderator for Prostate Cancer Forum

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/mamabluebird1955/mamabluebirdWelcome.jpg


IdahoSurvivor
Veteran Member


Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1015
   Posted Today 9:44 PM (GMT -7)   

Hi Margie and Joe~

As biker said in the original post, we're sorry for the reason you’re with us, but so glad to have you here.
Please feel comfortable to share as if you’ve always been here!  The more information you are able to share with us, the better your new friends on
HealingWell can respond to you.  You'll find there's hope and information abundant in this forum with caring friends with similar conditions.

 

Please feel free to create your own signature (as I have done below) that provides readers with a little history on Joe's condition such that your friends here may comment in a more focused manner.

 

Please also make use of Prostate Cancer Resources, Helpful Hints, and Topic Thread Links for more information thay may be of use to you at this time.

 

Others will join in to help you with your questions and concerns.

 

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

 

Finally, a special warm welcome to you!


All the best,

 

Barry (Idaho)


"Idaho" ~ Barry

 

Da Vinci Surgery July 31, 2007… 54 on surgery day
PSA 4.3  Gleason 3+3=6  T2a  Confined to Prostate

1st PSA 0.04 (undetectable) 9/11/2007

My web site: http://pca-info.blogspot.com


Cedar Chopper
Regular Member


Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 432
   Posted 12/12/2007 4:37 AM (GMT -7)   
Margie & Joe,

There is hope.
Cry whenever you feel like it but never give in to despair.
It never helps.

You have found friends here that have gone through or are going through this.
So feel free to ask questions or express yourself.
Better that you have any "moments" with us -
    - and nurture what joy you can between you.

We love you.

Your Friend,

CCedar
ICTHUS!

Doting Daughter
Veteran Member


Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1064
   Posted 12/12/2007 9:01 AM (GMT -7)   

Well said Cedar!!!

Margie-

I am so sorry to hear your news.  I too was devastated when we got a call from my father's surgeon regarding his pathology report.  I cried for weeks non-stop..and still have the occasional melt down, but like Cedar said, there is hope.  My father's pathology report showed a positive node and a focally positive margin. 

I read everything I could and was so distraught with everything I found regarding node positive cancer.  Thankfully, his PSA came back low, however, everything I read says 90% chance of recurrence.  It's heartbreaking.  Therefore, I hope and pray every day for my father that he will be in the 10% of the individuals that will not have recurrence.  Until then, we are being proactive.  He started Lupron on the 3rd of this month.  I sent him Vitamin D 3, Lycopene, Selenium and he and my mom are adopting a Medeterranian diet.  He will most likely begin radiation in a month or two.  It is hard, but there are options and HOPE! You can't lose sight of hope. 

Dr. Snuffy Meyers book was a great resource and like many others on this site, I highly reccomend it! 

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Chayna   


Father's Information
DX July 15, 2007
Age 62 (now 63)
PSA 5.5
Original Gleason 3+4=7 
Post Surgery Gleason- 4+3=7
DaVinci Surgery Aug 31, 2007
Focally Positive Right Margin
One positive node
Bone Scan/CT Negative (Sept. 10, 2007)
T3a N1 M0
Oct. 17 PSA 0.07
Nov. 13 PSA 0.05
Casodex adm. Nov 07
Lupon beg. Dec 03, 2007 2 yr
Radiation soon to follow
 
 


myman
Veteran Member


Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 1219
   Posted 12/12/2007 9:23 AM (GMT -7)   
(A re-post from last night)

Margie & Joe,

As you saw by Don's stats, his came out of surgery with a higher PSA than when he went in, so we completely understand the shock you felt when you heard that news. It was something we never even considered...we expected that surgery would be the end of it. You, too, had to feel the same way. Many here have had to have further treatments and that varies according to need, your doctor's method of treatment and how the cancer has spread. Joe has had a good response to the Lupron -- wonderful! Right now, that's all you can ask for. I don't mean that harshly, I just mean this: It's being dealt with and the hope is for the Lupron to work as long as possible, if the PSA starts to climb his treatment will be re-evaluated and you'll go from there. Your frightened right now (we all have our days) but you'll settle into a routine and you will see that despite this, life can be very good. I've heard my husband say that his life is better than it's ever been. That awareness didn't happen right away - it takes time and your Joe has time. He does.

You'll get support, loving or tough...we have both as needed! And every one of us needs both at one time or another.

Jim (biker90) is right, Stay here there is much to learn and many good people to share with you both.

Susan
Husband Diagnosed 11/17/05 Age: 63 No Symptoms
PSA: 7.96, Positive DRE
Biopsy Right: 6 of 6 Cores Positive Biopsy Left: 1 of 6 Cores Positive
Gleason: 4+3 = 7 Stage: T2B N0 MX
3 mo. PSA Post LRP Surgery: 11.8, 12.9, 13.9 Bone scan, CT scan, Endorectal MRI, Chest XR - neg.
09/06/06: 6 mo. PSA: 18.8 Distant lymph node involvement Start HT Lupron 3 mo. shots
12/06/06: PSA 0.8
03/07/07: PSA 0.3
06/06/07: PSA 0.1
09/05/07: PSA 0.1
11/27/07: PSA 0.1


James C.
Veteran Member


Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 4461
   Posted 12/12/2007 3:31 PM (GMT -7)   
Welcome to the club, sorry you have to be here...

James C. 
 
Help support the forums so they can support you:  http://www.healingwell.com/donate 
 
Age 60 
4/19/07   PSA 7.6, referred to Urologist, recheck 6.7 06/05/07
7/11/07   Biopsy- 16 core samples, size of gland around 76 cc. Staging pT2c
7/17/07   Path report:  3 of 16 PCa, 5% involved, left lobe , GS 3/3:6. 
9/24/07   Retropubic Radical Prostatectomy performed 
9/26/07   Post-op Path Report: GS 3+3=6 Staging pT2c, 110gms, margins clear
10/15/07  ED- 25mg Viagra nightly-no joy 
10/19/07  Dry 24 hrs, pad at night just in case
11/15/07  ED-continue 25mg Viagra, no response, begin Vacorect pump-
11/15/07  1st PSA-0.01, fully continent- no pads
12/17/07  ED- 3 mts.-continue Viagra and pump-no change-no response


maldugs
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 782
   Posted 12/12/2007 4:38 PM (GMT -7)   

Hi Margie & Joe, welcome, there are many twists and turns with this condition, however there are many medical solutions as well, so we have to move forward, with hope and confidence, it is hard, and I must admit that I have let it get to me once or twice, but I am living my life as normally as possible, looking forward to a good PSA after the radiation.

best wishes to you both.

Regards Mal.

 

 


age 67 PSA 5.8 DRE slightly firm Rt
Biopsy 2nd July 07 5 out of 12 positive
Gleason 3+4=7  right side tumour adenocarcinoma stage T2a
RP on 30th July,
Post op Pathology, tumour stage T3a 4+3=7, microcsopic evidence of capsular penetration, seminal vessels, bladder neck, free of tumour, lymph nodes clear, no evidence of metastatic malignancy, tumour does not extend to the apical margins.
Post op PSA 0.5 26th Sept. next PSA 26th Oct. seeing Radiation Onocologist 31st Oct. PSA 0.5 23rd October. Started radiation treatment on 5th Dec, to continue until 24 Jan. 08

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, December 11, 2017 8:34 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,903,950 posts in 318,703 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 158112 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, hanna31.
318 Guest(s), 6 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
cmfdrama, Almost a 10, blksteeda, Jamtland, mike950, AZ Guy