Well I had the second opinion with the radiation oncologist yesterday.
I had a good long talk with him (brought my list of questions) and he basically confirmed what my inclinations were about this disease and my future course of treatment.
* There is not a best practice for my stage of cancer: not enough data points. Medical professionals disagree.
* Given my stage, there is a good probability that there is residual cancer left behind in my prostate bed.
* Given my pathology report and slow rate of PSA rising, there is a good chance that it has not spread.
Therefore, since radiation is my best hope for a cure, I would prefer to err on the aggressive side in treating this disease. The Dr. agreed. So what we agreed the best course of action would be is:
* Have a merry Christmas
* Have one more PSA test at my regular 3 month interval
* If it is still 0.1 or higher (which I suspect it will be) go for the salvage radiation.
We will see here.