My husband CJ (Chris) had a wonderful 50th birthday last week (also the anniversary of his diagnosis), and has written a few outrageous things on paper and asked me to post it with his thanks and gratitude to you all for your messages last week. Updated signature shows progress on aspects of recovery. For our new friends here, my husband does not use a computer (or type), so this is just word for word from him!!!!
MESSAGE FROM CJ TO ALL HERE (A Short Poem)
There I sat. What a caper!
Got bad news on some paper.
The doctor thought we must not linger
Then he decided to give me the finger.
He could not feel anything abnormal,
Then got the probe - a different story..
So off I go for the operation
8 months later, everything works well.
My PSA is back to normal
Life is good and the stress has gone.
Thanks for all the support and info. It really does work in this time of confusion.
keep up all the support for those who need it. Have a good Christmas and we are off on a holiday now which we really needed! I am not computer literate so thanks for all the information to my wife, and for all your help to her. And a special thanks to Bluebird and Biker.
Thanks again, Chris (aka "CJ")
Creed_three (Lana & CJ)
Husband CJ aged 50 yrs (49 years at diagnosis and surgery)
First PSA 3.5 (Nov 06). 1 x (5%) core of 12 positive at biopsy. 11 cores negative. Open Radical Prostatectomy with nerve sparing, on Tuesday 17th April 2007 (Sydney, Australia). Gleeson 3 + 4 = 7. Cancer confined. Margins all clear, including bladder neck and seminal vessicles. No incontinence (thankfully).
1st PSA 0.01 - undetectable (June 07)
2nd PSA 0.02 - undetectable (Oct 07)
Recovery of sexual function:
1. Gradual improvement from 6 months (60-80%).
2. No noticable effect with any ED meds prior to 6 months (30-50%).
3. Recovery with Levitra 20mg at 7 months (85%).
4. First recovery experience without Levitra at 8 months post surgery (95%). Rapid return of natural function appears to be occurring from 8 months.
5. Surgeon had predicted recovery (with or without meds), anytime from 4 to 11 months in light of our situation, age, gleeson, microsurgery and pre-op functioning factors.
6. Thankful for all advice, reassurance and help from friends here at healing well.
Post Edited (creed_three) : 12/15/2007 4:05:15 PM (GMT-7)