Another male here
Diagnosed at 16 - am now 28, so been at this a while.
There are heaps of options for treatment of UC, but the most active thing you can do to help yourself is what you're doin. Eat the healthy diet, exercise oh - and the bane of UC seems to be carbonated fizzy drinks. I've found that even spicy Indian or Mexican food isn't as bad for me as soft drink! Which sux, cuz I love my Coke
Also, knowledge is power. If you haven't stumbled across it already, check out:
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Treatment of UC
- Biological therapy for UC
I've found that many GI's don't actually know what trials are currently active or are coming up, and some don't even know all the treatment options, so it pays to keep up with whats out there
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, elder Technomage
- 2xColazide, twice a day; 1x6-mp twice a day; 1xAbatacept 10mg/kg per month;
- 1xZinc per day, 2xScoop of Sustagen Sport per day;
- 1xBIOCeuticals UltraBiotic 45 per day, 1xBIOCeuticals SB FlorActiv per day;
- 1xHeaped teaspoon of Metamucil smooth orange powder 3 times a day.