judy, thank you so much for the response! to answer your questions: my GI calls it procto-sigmoiditis, so i'm guessing that means my sigmoid colon is involved. and i think it's my left colon, though my brain is awfully fuzzy from the prednisone these days.
i forgot that i had also tried sulfasalazine - that's on the list too :) my first GI started me on proctofoam, then prednisone + sulfa. when that didn't work, my current GI switched me from sulfa to lialda (still on prednisone). then she cancelled the lialda & added 6MP (with the prednisone), then added cortisone enemas. when none of that worked, she sent me for remicade (the standard 1, then 2 weeks, then 4 weeks, then 8 weeks - i just had my 3rd infusion last week, so i'll wait 8 weeks for the next one). the 2nd remicade infusion seemed to be helping, so she started tapering my prednisone. i started to have some flare symptoms again when i started tapering, but the 3rd infusion seems to have kicked things back a bit. so basically, i'm having "normal" BMs now, but still with blood - i just can't seem to get rid of the blood.
supposed to talk to my GI today about lowering the prednisone again - and i'm so scared she's going to tell me no. i have such a hard time on the 'roids...i've had to be on disability because i can't even think. it's awful....i'm sure you all understand.
anyway, i've cut my daily advil regimin (for back pain ref'd from the colon), and my hubs has made me quit dairy...i'll try anything at this point, but i just really don't want a surgery if i can avoid. is there anything i'm missing??
thank you all so, so much!
(side note: wow, it's weird to "talk" about all of this stuff...guess i'll get used to it)