Yes, it's normal through my experience as well. I started at 12 when I was flaring and originally put on it. I've managed to get down to 4 and plan to stay at this dose as it seems to be keeping me in remission. I know others use 6 and 9 I think is most common. I do notice that if I miss a few doses that my stool is more solid however wouldn't recommend missing your doses. I know when I was on 12 it was a lot to take and I think I am better with 4 or 6 as 12 was overwhelming.
- 29 y/o professional male residing in Northern VA, USA
- UC Diagnosis - April, 2006 - Symptoms were sudden and drastic
- GI did not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the c-scope
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission and enjoying life again since getting out of the hospital in early Jan 07' from a nasty flare
- 4 Colazal/day, 1 GNC Multivitamin, Fish oil & Primal Defense Probiotics
- Enjoy the outdoors, relaxing and spending time with family and friends