I am a long time lurker here and very rarely post, but I would appreciate your help, as you're an experienced crowd !
I decided to come off Imuran three months ago, against my doctors advice, as we wanted to start trying for a baby this year.
The doc told me that in no certain terms should I go off it, as my whole colon was quite badly inflamed last year. Anyhow, I still decided to give it a go and see what happens.
I'm have been in a sort of remission now since August 2007, with only urgency to go couple of times in the morning, otherwise normal bowel movements.
Well, within the past week I have started noticing that my urgency to go in the mornings have increased and I even noticed some blood (very little in the poo) couple of days ago...
So, what do you reckon, should I go back to Imuran, as I know it can take a while to take effect, or should I see for couple more days and see if it calms down on it's on?
I'd rather be off the Imuran while we're trying for a baby...
Sorry for the long rant, it just get's to me sometimes :(
UC since 1995
Pan- Colitis diagnosed May 2007
100 mg Imuran TTC early next year
3 * 800mg Asacol
400 mg Folic acid
Multi vitamin supplement