Freakzilla - it really depends what particular Immune Mondoulator/s your GI is talking about
as there are a few different types:
Monoclonal antibodies - Like Remicade
Fusion proteins - Such as Abatacept;
Imus series - Hardcore organ transplant type stuff (not used for UC at all from what I know);
Others such as 6-MPs - Azathioprine
There is a good chance your GI is talking about
Aza or Immuran. The other likely possibility is Remicade.
These drugs provide great results in most people. They just need to be well monitored by your GI.
I'm on Abatacept and Azathioprine - these two have helped me heaps and have given me a massive boost in my quality of life. I've had little difficulty handling either. The Azathioprine just makes me feel physically tired sometimes.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo;
- 2xColazide, twice a day; 1x6-MP twice a day; 1xAbatacept 10mg/kg per month;
- 1xZinc per day, 1xteaspoon of Metamucil smooth powder 3 times a day;
- 1xBIOCeuticals UltraBiotic 45 per day + 1xSB FlorActiv per day;
- 3xGarlic Oil caps 2 times a day, 5mL Olive Leaf Extract 2 times a day.