Although I'm on Abatacept rather then Remicade, I was in the same boat as you. I had been in a serious flare for over 18 months, was on stupid doses of Prednisone, was at my max dose of 6-MP etc etc. Had tried probiotics, diet changes, bla bla bla. Nothing worked.
Then the abatacept kicked in and I have been able to get off the prednisone completely and each month the flare seems to reduce bit by bit.
The biologics (the overall name for these medications) do seem to work. There is quite a bit of risk attached to all the medications we have to use. Remicade is no different, so don't worry about
what you can't change. I really hope it works as well for you as for many many other people I know!
The idea of being un-chained from the bathroom is rather attractive no?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo;
- 2xColazide, twice a day; 1x6-MP twice a day; 1xAbatacept 10mg/kg per month;
- 1xZinc per day, 1xteaspoon of Metamucil smooth powder 3 times a day;
- 1xBIOCeuticals UltraBiotic 45 per day + 1xSB FlorActiv per day;
- 3xGarlic Oil caps 2 times a day, 5mL Olive Leaf Extract 2 times a day.