Posted 3/2/2008 11:36 AM (GMT -6)
I need your advise. First, I am dealing with two diagnoses (DVT & UC) and flaring.
On 12/28 I my saw my GI was declared "in remission". We agreed to go down on my Colozal to the maintenance dose of 6/day (I had been forgeting to take my morning dose for about 3 weeks without syptoms). Then, 10 days later, on 1/7, I started to see blood in my stool, WITHOUT diarhea or urgency. I immediately went back to my full dose of Colozal. By 1/16 I saw no improvement so I called my GI and he started me on Canasa suppositories 1000 mg 1/day. On 2/4 I went in to see my GI as I was still seeing no improvement with taking the full dose of Colozal and taking the Canasa. My GI felt that I WAS in remission and that it was the Coumadin (blood thinner) causing me to bleed, which I take for my blood clot.
My GI wanted to do another colonoscopy but needed clearance from my Hematologist first. My Hematologist ordered CT scans and Doppler Ultrasounds and I see him back on Tuesday 3/4. Due to my Doppler Ultrasound still showing my blood is not flowing properly, I fear my hematologist will be ordering more extensive testing and will delay my colonoscopy even further.
On 2/8 when I refilled my Colozal I was given the generic brand. Less than two weeks after starting the generic Colozal, I have started to have lots of cramping, urgency and lots of diarhea with bloody mucus.
To break this all down...
12/28 = remission
1/7 = seeing blood in my stool (without diarhea)
1/16 = started Canasa (no improvement).
2/4 = GI wants to do Colonoscopy (believes it is my blood thinner causing my bleeding); need clearance from hematologist for colonoscopy
2/8 = started Generic Colozal
2/24 = started flaring again
Should I call my GI tomorrow or wait until after I see my hematologist on Tuesday? I am feeling very sick now. My intestines hurt when I walk. I am having bm's every 1 to 2 hours and it seems to be only blood mucus coming out. I don't even see any stool.
Anyone having a flare after taking generic Colozal? What do you think my GI will do at this point? Should I wait or call my GI tomorrow?
Sorry this is so long, but I have so much going on right now that may be a contributing factor.
Thank you all for listening!!