Well, after a year on the Abatacept trial, the GI has decided to move me to another trial.
Although we have had great success on Abatacept (Getting me from 50mg of prednisone a day down to 0 etc), the results are TOO SLOW. We believe that this is due to the infusions being spaced too far apart. A fortnight would have been far more successful rather then monthly infusions.
So off we go - onto another trial I go!
Still looking into this Golimumab stuff, but it looks like it follows along the same lines as Remicade and Humira. "Supposidly" it works really well and really fast - God I hope so! Its been 3 years without a life. Have lost my house, relationship and job. Would be nice to be able to go for a walk without having to worry that there is no toilet nearby!
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo;
- 2xColazide, twice a day; 1x6-MP twice a day; 1xAbatacept 10mg/kg per month;
- 1xZinc per day, 1xteaspoon of Metamucil smooth powder 3 times a day;
- 1xBIOCeuticals UltraBiotic 45 per day + 1xSB FlorActiv per day;
- 3xGarlic Oil caps 2 times a day, 5mL Olive Leaf Extract 2 times a day.