Thanks Quincy, I e-mailed my GI with my concernes and this is what he wrote back.... Any clues as to what it might be? His answers are in bold...
I sort of rushed out without clarifying everything that I wanted, can you answer the following questions please? ...
1. Are you now sure I have UC? Is that now the diagnosis? Surely an infective colitis would have shown in my stool sample?
No we presume you had mild colitis which could have been UC. Infective colitis does not always show up on stool culture .
2. What shall I do about my dosage now I have been in remission 6 months?
Continue with 800mg three times a day
3. What did you say about my piles? Did you treat them when you did my Colonoscopy? I didn't understand what you were saying about them.
No the piles were in remission and did not need injection.
4. You mentioned a lining starting to show in my anus, what is that?
There is no concern. I mentioned there to be slight extra lining ie mucosal redundancy. This has no clinical significance but may mean that the piles have a small chance of producing symptom like bleeding or itching.
5. What shall I do about my often soft stools? Is that to do with what I eat or just IBS? I took an Imodium today for the first time in
You do not need to worry at all. The stools appeared normal
6. Lastly, you said I should be vigilant, what shall I be looking for?
Any change in your bowel patern especially regular diarrhoea lasting more than a week or blood in your stools or any other symtom which you feel is unusual.
I can reassure you that there is no evidence of any active problem at present.