what do you propose to do aside from Remicade? I understand yuor frustrations, I do...but I think the adverse Remicade reactions are quite rare. And mind you, my 2nd infusion put me in the hospital for a week, in ICU, with strep pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitia, bacteremia, & a whole bunch of other gross stuff. Even with all that, I went back to it & am happy I did so. You have to take the chance that Remicade may give you your life back, which is what you want. Or if not, then what would you like to do? Do you think you'll flare when your pred course is done? Why can't you wait & see what happens, then make a decision? Your GI must understand your hesitation.