Food Allergy Testing

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

DanthaMan
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 495
   Posted 5/22/2008 11:39 AM (GMT -6)   
Has anyone been tested by an allergist for food allergies?

Curious to see if anyone has, and had any success with eliminating those foods?

Thanks.

shannon1
Regular Member


Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 369
   Posted 5/22/2008 12:18 PM (GMT -6)   
Hi , i had testing done years ago, before my UC dx. I proved to be very allergic to all shellfish (anaphasis)sp....i assume it has no relation to my UC as i never ate seafood cause i didn't like the smell (guess it was a good thing). I did have testing for gluten allergy also when i was dx, which came back neg.
2003, dx moderate UC
2000, dx selective IGA deficiency w/ anti IGA antibodies
2000, dx Antipholipid Antibody Syndrome
1977, complete reconstruction of foot after lawnmower accident (chronic pain)
 
Meds
6mp 75mg, prednisone 40mg (just starting meds again)
percocet 5mg 3x day
potassium 3x day
 


FitzyK23
Veteran Member


Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 4219
   Posted 5/23/2008 9:07 PM (GMT -6)   
At my old job, my partner was diagnosed with crohns. Further testing showed he had actually developed a SEVERE corn allergy. He was bleeding constantly and had lost so much weight. He had to cut out anything with corn syrup, corn starch, corn meal, regular corn... It is actually in almost everything. But once he cut it out he improved about 90%. The docs said he might have done some damage that would take ahwile to heal, hence the other 10%. He was soon "undiagnosed" from crohns. Corn was his problem. But, he was completely unresponsive to any crohns meds which is part of the reason the docs continued testing him.

DanthaMan
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 495
   Posted 5/24/2008 11:28 PM (GMT -6)   
Thats interesting thanks.

MisKay
Regular Member


Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 21
   Posted 5/26/2008 4:55 PM (GMT -6)   
I went to see a very prominent doctor in NYC (my boss paid, thank God)
He is a nutritional MD. They tested me for EVERY allergy out there.

I am allergic to nothing. So, bringing in foods will be very slow. Eat & wait and then determine how I am affected.

Very valuable because a lot of folks with UC are allergic to dairy, wheat, gluten. Luckily I have none of that.
But I feel it is important to be tested!

Sara14
Veteran Member


Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 4404
   Posted 5/26/2008 5:58 PM (GMT -6)   
I was tested for some food allergies by my allergist. The results showed I had a mild sensitivity to yeast and wheat. My allergist suggested I cut down on them, but said I didn't have to eliminate them altogether. Honestly, I never did cut down on them, partly because I love wheat bread and pastas and don't like the yeast-free varieties I've tried, but mostly because I don't "feel" allergic to them when I eat it. I don' thave any symptoms that seem related.
24 years old
Diagnosed with UC March 2007; yet to go into complete remission
Asacol 4 tablets 3x/day
Rowasa (generic) - nightly; Canasa (1,000 mg) in the morning
Nature's Way Primadophilus Reuteri 2/day; Chewable multivitamin; Metamucil; Viactiv

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, July 20, 2018 5:33 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,983,755 posts in 327,146 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 161940 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, njewellmeyer.
386 Guest(s), 9 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Noluck, Kent M., ashleylynn, Libbey, Michael_T, isitlyme, Jerry_Delaware, BOB 46, dsrouillard