Been on 5-ASA's. They didn't do much for me. Only one that kind of helped was Colazide (Colazal in the US).
I have been on 6-MP for the past 1.5 years. It also hasn't helped much, but I also have a dose of rather stubborn severe pancolitis.
6-MP isn't pleasant, but it sure beats going to the toilet a million times a day and its less bad then prednisone.
Hope you get some success soon!
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male. Brisbane, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo. Currently enjoying severe pan-colitis.
- Participating in the Golimumab trial as of 1st May, 2008;
- 2x Colazide, twice a day; 25mg of 6-MP a day; 1xAllopurnol;
- 1x teaspoon of Metamucil 3 times a day;
- 1x BIOCeuticals UltraBiotic 45 + 1x SB FlorActiv twice a day.