Ok, I don't live in America, but from what I constantly read on the forums, the Remicade is often around $50 and the office visit $35, but then many people get bitten with a $300 "infusion centre" fee which is out of pocket and not covered by many people's insurance.
With any corporation or company, in Australia or America or anywhere - write them a letter with your questions and send it via registered post so someone from the company has to sign for it (so you can prove it arrived). An official response in paper is very hard for them to back out of.
Am sure others will correct me if I have gotten anything wrong.
In the mean time, just pay if you can. The sooner your wife gets into remission, the better everything will be and you will be glad you spent the money.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male. Brisbane, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo. Currently enjoying severe pan-colitis.
- Participating in the Golimumab trial as of 1st May, 2008;
- 2x Colazide, twice a day; 25mg of 6-MP a day; 1xAllopurnol;
- 1x teaspoon of Metamucil 3 times a day;
- 1x BIOCeuticals UltraBiotic 45 + 1x SB FlorActiv twice a day.