Food is pretty much the only thing you can use to protect your stomach when taking prednisone. I hope you have always taken your pred after a full meal.
To settle your stomach you can try warm milk, and if you need something a little more hardcore, you could try an over the counter antacid and see if either of them help.
The endoscopy is a very good idea. Will help find out if there is a physical problem in your stomach such as ulcers and if so, allow them to take a biopsy and work out if its the kind they can treat or not.
You might also want to consider that the cramps may be the result of sodium, magnesium or zinc deficiency.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male. Brisbane, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo. Currently enjoying severe pan-colitis.
- Participating in the Golimumab trial as of 1st May, 2008;
- 2x Colazide, twice a day; 25mg of 6-MP a day; 1xAllopurnol;
- 1x teaspoon of Metamucil 3 times a day;
- 1x BIOCeuticals UltraBiotic 45 + 1x SB FlorActiv twice a day.