I took 6mp through out the trying to concieve stage and through most of my pregnancy (including the development stages) There is not much research, as, who wants to do research on a pregnant woman (what my ob said)....
I was followed by a OB, a high risk OB (perinatologist), GI and fertility doctor. They all agreed that i should stay on 6mp. None of the other meds had worked for me and i achieved remission on 6mp, so they did not want to risk going off it. I was told there were risks to a devloping baby, and had alot of ultrasounds and 3 or4 level 2 ultrasounds, and one 3D when i was on pred to check for cleft lip/palete (flared right when i got pg)
My daughter is perfect!
My perinatologist told me that the risk of flaring in pregnancy was worse than the low risk of problems associeated w/ the meds. If you want actual staticts, you should see a peri, who will take all ur meds/illnesses, and give u percentages on how it should affect u or baby. This should be the first order of business when you decided it's time to start your family. GL
2003, dx moderate UC
2000, dx selective IGA deficiency w/ anti IGA antibodies
2000, dx Antipholipid Antibody Syndrome
1999-current, chronic hemmoragic ovarian cysts, w/ partial ovary removal
1977, complete reconstruction of foot after lawnmower accident (chronic pain)
6mp 75mg, prednisone 40mg (just starting meds again)
percocet 5mg 3x day
potassium 3x day