No, I no longer take a vitamin tablet.
I don't believe they are necessary and that they are many people's way of getting around the impeded diet many UCers are forced to live with (in most cases).
My take is that if you can eat a healthy BALANCED breakfast, lunch and dinner with a good mix of FRESH vegetables, meats and fruits you will be able to get all the vitamins and minerals your body needs.
If however you are on prednisone it IS a good idea to increase your dietary intake of foliate (or take a foliate pill) and iron is often required for those that become anaemic.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male. Brisbane, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo. Currently enjoying severe pan-colitis.
- Participating in the Golimumab trial as of 1st May, 2008;
- 2x Colazide, twice a day; 25mg of 6-MP a day; 1xAllopurnol;
- 1x teaspoon of Metamucil 3 times a day;
- 3x Garlic oil capsules & 7mL Olive Leaf Extract twice a day.