Although the Abatacept trial I was part of (for 16 months) was interesting, my personal advice would be to avoid it. For UC, it is not that fantastic as the chances of getting a dose that will be of use via the trial is very limited.
My personal suggestion would be go for something like Humira or Golimumab. MAB drugs seem to be more effective for UC in all the trials I have seen thus far.
experience, I have found Golimumab to be more effective then Abatacept ever was.
Humira and Golimumab are very similar as well, so if you can get onto Humira by prescript
ion through your GI, that would probably be the best in your situation as your UC is so nasty at the moment. It would be good to be on a GI prescribed, stable dose if possible rather then risk placebo on a trial.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male. Brisbane, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo. Currently enjoying severe pan-colitis.
- Participating in the Golimumab trial as of 1st May, 2008;
- 2x Colazide, twice a day; 25mg of 6-MP a day; 1xAllopurnol;
- 1x teaspoon of Metamucil 3 times a day;
- 3x Garlic oil capsules & 7mL Olive Leaf Extract twice a day.