Sami22 - Humira, although a biologic like Remicade, is not the same thing. These are protein based therapies, and the reaction your daughter had was most likely her body's reaction to the appearance of the Remicade protein in her blood stream.
Humira is however different to Remicade as it is purely human in origin, there are no mouse protein sequences in it. As such, it is often tolerated much better, and research is showing that those who do not respond or respond badly to Remicade, often do well on Humira.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male. Brisbane, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo. Currently enjoying severe pan-colitis.
- Participating in the Golimumab trial as of 1st May, 2008;
- 2x Colazide, twice a day; 25mg of 6-MP a day; 1xAllopurnol;
- 1x teaspoon of Metamucil 3 times a day;
- 3x Garlic oil capsules & 7mL Olive Leaf Extract twice a day.