In light of all the BBers trying out this spinach and sunflower seed diet, I'd like to share a delicious recipe that will make it really easy to eat these two foods everyday.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 UC Sufferer
1 bag fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
4 strips bacon
salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste
fairly obvious note: don't use salt/pepper/hot sauce if they irritate your dumper
1. Cook bacon to desired crispyness
2. Pour bacon and grease into large pot leaving 1 tablespoon grease in frying pan
3. Roast sunflower seeds on medium heat until dark brown
4. Dump roasted seeds into large pot
5. Add water to pot until top layer of spinach begins to float
5. Add salt and pepper to taste
6. Bring pot barely to a boil on medium-high heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or until spinach turns dark green
7. Pour spinach/bacon/seeds into a collander, leaving a little juice in the pot
8. Return spinach to pot, add hot sauce, serve very hot
Notes: It's amazing how little spinach you have once it's cook; I'd say it equals 3/4 of one can. Spinach will be mushy, but there's no way around that. There will be a lot of seeds, so adjust as necessary.
With the bacon added, I've found this recipe to be very tasty and I've even been able to eat it as a stand-alone meal. Your spouse will enjoy it as well.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe, and here's to everyone having blood and mucus free, well-formed and enjoyable deuces!
And don't forget to put a little in south ya mouth every once in awhile...