Basic jist of the story is that I came in on Tuesday to see my GI at 8:30am. By 9:10am, he had me in emergency, severe dehydration, malnourishment etc and have been in hospital ever since.
I am now officially a statistic as no UC treatments work for me.
Probiotics - reduced gas, but doesn't do much else;
Fibre - helps with symptoms but nothing else;
Garlic - helps with gas, but nothing else;
Olive leaf extract - great for coughs, but doesn't do much for UC;
Salazopyrin - Doesn't work any more;
5-ASA's - Makes colitis worse;
Colozide - the more I have, the worse I get;
Rectal 5-ASA's - cant keep em in and not effective in proctitis;
Rectal steroids - cant keep em in and not effective in proctitis;
Prednisone - doesn't work any more;
Hydrocort - makes me insane;
Abatacept - works, but trial finished so can't get drug;
Golimumab - trialing, but no luck as yet;
The list goes on.....
So yeah, they are talking surgery now... Bloody wonderful.
Did I mention I am allergic to pain?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." - Elric, Technomage
- 28yo male. Brisbane, Australia. Diagnosed at 16yo. Currently enjoying severe pan-colitis.
- Participating in the Golimumab trial as of 1st May, 2008;
- 2x Colazide, twice a day; 25mg of 6-MP a day; 1xAllopurnol;
- 1x teaspoon of Metamucil 3 times a day;
- 3x Garlic oil capsules & 7mL Olive Leaf Extract twice a day.