I am getting all my ducks in a row and just requested copies of my medical records this am to go to the Chron's and Colitis Center in Boston. I will pick them up, make copies for myself and send them to C&C.
I don't know why it has taken me so long, but I really feel like right now with everything that is going on it is key for me to go. I am sending my Kidney records along with them, since some of the meds to treat me are the same and my primary care records too. I did not think they needed my OB/GYN ones.......
I hope I get there in time before my Doc's want to switch me to Cellcept from Imuran b/c timing wise, I would like to ask them first and also don't want to put Cellcept on hold a couple of months if I have to.........just want to get on w/my life.
What do y'all think of staying on a 5 to 10mg of pred for an additional few months to keep me from flaring? I will discuss w/my Doc's of course but just in case, there really is no guarantee and if I can avoid a flare on a low dose of pred then to me what the heck is a few more months????
Beth, 32 ~ hoping to taper pred successfully, wish me luck!
Major Flare Sept/Oct 07
UC dx'd 03/00 (Proctosigmoiditis); Pancolitis since 09/07
Azathioprine 200mg 1xday nightly; Calcium and Vit D 500mg 3xday, Multi Vit, Folic Acid 400mg 2xday, Prilosec, Probiotics.
Minimal Change Disease (Kidney Disorder) dx'd 09/07 - partial remission since 03/08
Prednisone 30mg 1xday, Simvastatin 20mg 1xday, Diovan 160mg 2xday. Tekturna 300mg 1xday, Fosomax 70mg 1xweek. MCD may be from hypersensitivty to 5ASA drugs. Do you have edema? If so, check your blood protien level!