going for my 2nd opinion this Wed at the Chron's and Colitis Center.
here are my issues:
1. I can't take any 5ASA's for now b/c of my kidney problems
2. I am not sure Azathioprine is working for me
3. I am tapering down pred and am at 10mg currently
4. b/c of my kidney disease, my Nephrologist may want me to get off the azathioprine and get on cellcept.....but don't know if the azathioprine is helping me or not at this time. I don't think it is but......don't know for sure. (cant be on two immune suppressors at the same time).
5. If I end up on remicade and it does not work for me, what is the likelyhood of being able to get on a Humira study or what is the FDA approval status?
6. Will ask about children
I have other questions I am going to ask as well, they are all bouncing around my head, I will put them down tonite.
Just wanted to see what some of you would ask, given the chance to sit down and really talk to a Dr. at a top hospital, it may help me with my questions. I really want to use this opportunity for all it's worth and dont want to leave, thinking, DOH!
should have aksed that. I will be writing all my questions down in my trusty little notebook and bringing along my own copy of my medical records (they already have a copy). And pic's from my last colonoscopy Apr 08.
Please let me know, TIA!!!
Beth, 32 ~ hoping to taper pred successfully, wish me luck!
Major Flare Sept/Oct 07
UC dx'd 03/00 (Proctosigmoiditis); Pancolitis since 09/07
Azathioprine 200mg 1xday nightly; Calcium and Vit D 500mg 3xday, Multi Vit, Folic Acid 400mg 2xday, Prilosec, Probiotics.
Minimal Change Disease (Kidney Disorder) dx'd 09/07 - partial remission since 03/08
Prednisone 10mg 1xday, Simvastatin 20mg 1xday, Diovan 160mg 2xday. Tekturna 300mg 1xday, Fosomax 70mg 1xweek. MCD may be from hypersensitivty to 5ASA drugs. Do you have edema? If so, check your blood protien level!