Tough question to answer.
Its going to be up to you. Research it and if you feel you need to do it, then do it. IMO i like to be proactive instead of waiting for something nasty to hit. I am considering surgery as well. Theres only so much I am willing to put up with, and being scared that anytime i get sick(cold, flu, anything) will lead to a nasty flare/hospital scares me half to death and if i had those polyps i'd be scared as well. Get a few opinions for sure about them and your risk of cancer. Even if you are uncomfortable with it and its going to stress you out forever, it might be something to consider. Its your life, and you can choose it any which way. I am going to talk to my doctor about surgical options as well tomorrow. Check out the ostomy section and see what they have to say.
Hard choices to be sure. Good luck and feel free to rant away and ask questions.
UC since age 22, now 27. Several huge flares since then.
Currently tapering prednisone(35 mg from 80 mg). Also just starting 6mp again and lialda. I definately am not liking these drugs. Maybe surgery one day?