I thought when I started 6MP that my hair was falling out b/c of that but now I think it was more from stepping down the steriod. I have had 2 flares that were treated with steriods and both times when I weaned off the steroid, my hair fell out like crazy! I have very thick hair so never had any bald patches but found that once it runs its course, it stops and then I had a ton of little hairs sticking up in my part as they grew back in. I think it's like during pregnancy where you don't lose the number of hairs you are destined to lose each day and then when you stop the steriods/or have a baby, all that hair comes out.
I'm sorry this is not the main topic but:
Scrap Girl, how did you find the migraines were related to your meds? I think 6MP is similar to Azathioprine. I have been having a terrible time with migraines. I had a thread on here asking about
migraines and UC. I see a neuro Dec. 3rd and would love to know if we could tell if it was the 6MP.
- 25 years old, married, Mommy to 22 mo. old
- Ulcerative Colitis since Sept. 2004
- 1st flare Sept-Nov 2004
- 2nd flare Aug. 2007-July 08
- Currently taking:75mg 6MP, 4 Lialda, Digestive Advantage Chrons/Colitis, Loestrin 24, and allergy shots once a month
- Past meds: Pred., Entocort, Dipentum, Asacol, and Canassa
- 10/6/08 Found a 1cm kidney stone in right kidney. Had the stone blasted and passed the fragments.